Picture: Sibiu, Romania.
There are three papers on public libraries:
- An Empirical Study on the Relationship between China Public Library Development and Scientific & Technological Innovation [中文]. By WANG SHENGLI (Hebei University of Economics and Business, Shi Jiazhuang, China)
- The Tibidabo Project – Comparative analysis of the situation and evolution of the services of the public library in cities and regions throughout the world [Español]. By TONI FELIU OLLER and MERCè MUÑOZ CREUS
- Planning for impact, assessing for sustainability. By SANDRA FRIED (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation), MACIEJ KOCHANOWICZ (The Library Program, Poland) and MARCEL CHIRANOV (Global Libraries, Romania)
– and three papers on academic libraries:
- Innovative system and generation of management and operation statistics for decision making in academic libraries – the case of the University of Botswana. By REASON BAATHULI NFILA (University of Botswana Library Services, Gaborone, Botswana)
- The devils in the detail – The use of statistics and data for strategic decision making and advocacy. By DONNA MCROSTIE and MARGARET RUWOLDT (University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia)
- Traditional indicators and multivariate statistical analysis to study and evaluate trends in Italian university library systems. PAOLO BELLINI et al.
A seventh paper – on the German experiences with the BIX library indicator – by Ulla Wimmer and Sebastian Mundt will also be presented.
- PL 20/09. Statistics and advocacy. Seven papers accepted for IFLA in Milan.
- PL 6/09. Statistics for action. Twenty-two submissions for our session in Milan
Ulla Wimmer is a specialist in the field of library quality management. Since 2004 she has been project coordinator for BIX at the Kompetenznetzwerk für Bibliotheken (competence network for libraries) and has written and published extensively on the subject of measuring quality in libraries and other related topics.
Sebastian Mundt – Professor, Hochschule der Medien, Stuttgart