Last week, four students from the Communication University of China (Beijing) joined the LATINA Spring course.
They arrived too late for the first intensive week because of delays in the visa process. The faculty therefore asked us to organize an update course covering the same tools and topics.
Today we finished the update. The LATIN/lab set-up, with
- WordPress as a learning platform
- open resources on the web
- laptops for everybody
- and a smartboard – as well as a whiteboard – in front of the class
worked like a dream.
The day was illuminated by Marie Bergman – a wonderful singer/songwriter from Sweden. She gave a lunch concert for the OUC staff.
I brought the LATINA students along. The room was packed and they had to sit on the floor – close to the artist.
Bergman writes and sings in Swedish.She is known for her strong contact with the audience. Still, I was quite impressed when Bergman, in the middle of one of her songs, turned to the LATINA group – and repeated the crucial lines in English for their benefit.
- Marie Bergman. Biografi. In Swedish
Plinius on Sunday
- PS 3/09. Work/study scholarships. LATINA Summer 2009.
- PL 21/09. LATINA update. Four Chinese students arrive.
- PL 19/09. Private, personal, public. Blogs move boundaries, but do not abolish them.
- PL 18/09. The image of knowledge. From books til networks.
- PL 17/09. Understanding Wikipedia. Encyclopedic exercises for LATINA students.
- PL 14/09. LATINA Spring opens.
- PL 3/09. Multilingual learning. Google Translate sets the pace.
- PL 54/08. The LATINA principles. An informal platform.
- PL 50/08. LATINA Spring 2009. A longer version of the LATINA summer course will be offered in the spring.
- PL 16/08. L&T make R&D. Learning and teaching – not lettuce and tomato.
- PL 15/08. LATINA on YouTube. Student productions from Oslo.
- PL 14/08. Instant web. Teaching in the new web environment.
- PL 13/08. Blog reflections [requires password]
- PL 12/08. Replace, separate, integrate. Three stages in digital education.
- PL 11/08. LATINA on the Nile. Oslo University College cooperates with Upper Nile University in Southern Sudan.
- PL 10/08. Teaching in the fall. From information poor to information rich environments.
- PL 9/08. Digital stories. A new tool for learning, teaching and communication.
- PL 8/08. Midsummer start for LATINA. Summer schools are popular in many countries.