Spoken words blow with the wind – but what is written will remain.
Below I give links to texts in English that touch upon the topics we discussed during the visit to Romania:
- Enter the dragon. From print to web in library education. In Festschrift for Wanda Pindel, Jagiellonian University of Cracow, 2004.
- Wide enough for libraries? The library function in a web-based world. Paper for the conference Professional Information on the Internet, Cracow, 2004.
- Digital reference services. Teaching materials. Cracow 2004.
- Why is quality control so hard? Reference studies and reference quality in public libraries : the case of Norway. IFLA, Berlin, 2003.
- Why do you ask? Reference statistics for library planning. IFLA, Glasgow, 2002. Loooong …
- A poem lovely as a tree? Virtual reference questions in Norwegian public libraries. Conference paper 2001 – published 2005.
- Sink, swim or surf: The future of reference work in Norwegian public libraries. Conference paper 1997.
After the visit2 in 1972-73 I wrote one scientific article (in English), a small essay on Rumanian history and culture (in Norwegian) and a short review of a Romanian book in one of our national newspapers:
- Høivik, Tord. The Development of Romania: A Cohort Study, Journal of Peace Research, nr. 4, 1974.
- – . Rumanian essay (Rumensk essay). Samtiden.
- – . The year 2000 once again (År 2000 en gang til). Dagbladet, 1972. Review of Mircea Malita. Cronica anului 2000 (Editura Politica, Bucuresti 1969).