Polar hero Roald Amundsen – in London Royal Wax Museum, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
The program has links to many of the presentations. I note seven contributions from Norway – same number as in Durban:
- The image of the Norwegian Polar Hero. HARALD ØSTGAARD LUND (National Library of Norway, Oslo). Rare Books and Manuscripts. Expanding frontiers of knowledge: documents of exploration, discovery and travel
- The Locker-Room Librarian: The Maradona of literature dissemination. STIG ELVIS FURSET (Norwegian Archive, Library and Museum Authority, Oslo [Furset works at Buskerud County Library, Drammen]. Literacy and Reading in co-operation with the Public Libraries and Library Services to Multicultural Populations. The Global Literacy and Reading Fair: sharing good library practices n support of the United Nations Literacy Decade 2003-2012
- Theoretical approaches on public libraries as places creating social capital. ANDREAS VÅRHEIM (Oslo University College). Library Theory and Research: Librarie as space and place: theoretical approaches
- Legal deposit of audiovisual and multimedia materials in Scandinavia. TROND VALBERG (National Library of Norway, Mo i Rana). Audiovisual and Multimedia, Copyright and other Legal Matters, National Libraries and Bibliography. The legal deposit of audiovisual and multimedia materials: practice around the world
- Count the traffic. TORD HØIVIK (Oslo University College). Management and Marketing, Statistics and Evaluation and Library Theory and Research. Managing libraries in a changing environment – legal, technical and organisational aspects
- Revisiting the added value of the school library. GRY ENGER (Vahl Primary School, Oslo). School Libraries and Resource Centres. All aboard at the school library: giving children the tools they need to navigate the future!
- How much is much? Developing and interpreting national library visitor statistics. TORD HØIVIK (Oslo University College). National Libraries with Statistics and Evaluation. Ensuring quality in national libraries: performance measures and quality evaluation supporting cultural heritage and research.